Help please -- smbmount refuses to work!

Herb Lewis herb at chomps.engr.sgi.com
Wed Jun 28 21:46:20 GMT 2000

Ben wrote:

> I can access the samba share on the linux box via smbclient, but smbclient
> cannot attach to the Win2K box shares. I get the same 'not listening on
> called name' error message.
>
> >> session request to BUGS failed
> >> session request to *SMBSERVER failed
> >> SMB connection failed
> >
> >Have you looked at the network traffic in a SMB aware
> >packet sniffer like Ethereal or Netmon?
>
> Not yet...but that's what I was going to try today, 'cause I'm stumped! :)
> Any other ideas/suggestions? Thanks for the input by the way.
>
> - Ben

Try running the command nmblookup -A <ip of bugs> to see what names
it responds to
Herb Lewis                                   Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                          2011 N Shoreline Blvd
Strategic Software Organization              Mountain View, CA  94043
herb at sgi.com                                 Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                           Fax: 650-932-2177