Retrieving browser lists

Omer Shenker oshenker at iname.com
Tue Jun 27 00:45:57 GMT 2000

I've searched the Samba docs, man pages, Using Samba, and a few other
places. I've been unable to find a way to retrieve the browse list (as in
Network Neighborhood or net view on Win32) from Samba. I'm using a RH 6.2
box running Samba 2.0.7 in a multi-subnet workgroup (which is really a
domain, but I don't have a machine trust account and I'm using security =
server). Samba is not involved in providing browsing or WINS, though it
utilizes both. I don't care if the format I get it in is messy like that of
nmblookup, because I'm parsing it in Perl anyway.

I'd greatly appreciate any enlightenment on this.

Omer Shenker                     oshenker at iname.com