Samba Printing

Matthew Halliday matthewh at fesa.co.uk
Mon Jun 19 15:54:18 GMT 2000

Greetings again,

I'm trying to set up Samba for printing following the O'Reilly Samba
book and RedHat's own installation book.  I've set up 2 network printers
on HP JetDirect servers, and can print to either of them from the
Printtool in Gnome perfectly well.  If I print from the command line I
can print to either, but if I printed from a Windows 95 client, despite
using either printer, I could only print to lj5mp.  Now I can't print to
either and I don't know what I've done.

The shares are as follows:

[hp4050tn]

	comment = HP 4050TN
        printable = yes
        print command = /usr/bin/lpr -r %s
        printer = lp0
        printing = BSD
        path = /usr/spool/samba/lp0
        browsable = yes
        public = yes
	guest ok = yes

[lj5mp]
	comment = HP LaserJet 5MP
        printable = yes
	print command = /usr/bin/lpr -r %s
	printer = lp
	path = /usr/spool/samba/lp
	printing = BSD
	guest ok = yes

Guest is set to nobody.  What should the printer spool permissions and
ownweships be?  It was all working so well .....

Matt Halliday
Fesa UK Limited
Unless otherwise agreed expressley in writing by Fesa UK Limited, this communication should be treated as confidential and the information contained therein may not be used or disclosed except for the purpose for which it was sent.  If you are not the intended recipient of this communication please contact the sender immediately.
WARNING:  Computer viruses can be transmitted by e-mail.  The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  Fesa UK Limited accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.
This e-mail and and attachments may not be copied and forwarded without the written consent of Fesa UK Limited .  In the event of copying or forwarding, the recipient will be required to idemnify Fesa UK Limited against any claim for loss or damage caused by any virus or otherwise.