Samba and DNS

Panagiotis Malakoudis pmal at space.gr
Fri Jun 16 08:06:50 GMT 2000

I did. The book says and I quote "dns proxy: If set to yes, a samba WINS
server will search DNS if it cannot find a name in WINS."
Does this also apply when you have not setup your samba server as a WINS
server but instead use another one?

Now where name resolve order is concerned...
The default order from what I see is lmhosts-hosts-wins-bcast.
This is what I use. There is no record in my smb.conf that states otherwise.
No record at all that points to a DNS server.

Any clues?