PPP and Samba

Sarel J. Botha sjbotha at email.com
Wed Jun 14 13:18:35 GMT 2000

On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 08:27:57PM +1000, Matthew Halliday wrote:
> But when we dial in I also need the logon script to run and map the
> Samba shares ro the remote PC/ laptop.  Trouble is, It doesn't.

You don't mention if the client machine is windows, but I guess it is. You
need to install the Client for M$ Networks client and also enable "Log on
to network" in your dial-up settings.

Also make sure that the above-mentioned client is binded to your dial-up
adapter.

Another problem might be broadcasts not being forwarded. The sympton would
be that you can't see machines in network neighbourhood, but you can use
\\machine to connect to them. I think you can use WINS to fix that, or
make the dial-up server forward broadcasts.

--
Sarel Botha
sjbotha at email.com