PPP and Samba

Ashley Drees ash at trellick.net
Wed Jun 14 12:56:42 GMT 2000

Matthew

I could not help noticing that you have done what I am trying to do... I
need to get my users logging in and then mapping shares based on GID,
have you any pointers on this...

I have dynamic logons working but do not have enough perl yet to work
this one out...

BUT I have got at least some kind of remote access working on NT4 and
windows 9x with samba..

i have a netlogon script for use out of office which will map netlogon
share and then run the user batch file that is created when they
attach....  so what I have been trying to do is to connect to the
server.... then attach to the netlogon share... which will create the
%u.bat which is then run... makind sure that you have lmhosts and hosts
set up...

start netlogon.bat

rem stuff here to connect to the server
rasdial server
rem nt only, just what is the command line for win9x

sleep 10
ping server -n 3
net use x: \\server\netlogon
x:\username.bat
echo you are connected to server
sleep 30
end

could also make a logoff bat... remember that win9x client local login
has to be correct for perms to work properly.. but I gues you know that.

ash