Samba and Windows 2000

Darryl Cook dlc at cs.appstate.edu
Wed Jun 14 12:46:18 GMT 2000

Darryl Cook wrote:

 Hello,

 I need help with Samba and windows 2000.  I had samba working fine with
 win95 and win98 but when i upgraded to 2000 i cant connect anymore.  I
 have gone through all the  tests and everything works fine until test
 which is to run netview \\server_name and test #10 which is net use x:
 \\server_name\user

 I am running samba 1.9.18p7.  When I do a net view \\server_name I get
 the following:
 System error 5 has occurred.  Access is denied.

 When I do a net use x: \\server_name\user i get :
 System error 1240 has occured.  The account is not authorized to login
 from this station.

 What has changed from win98 to win2000??

 any help appreciated...please email as i have just subscribed to the
 list and am not receiving responses yet.

 thanks!

 darryl