Slow initial connect

Peter Samuelson peter at cadcamlab.org
Wed Jun 14 10:06:18 GMT 2000

[Andrew Langton <andrewl at babcockbrown.com>]
> there's about a 5-10 second wait upon the first connect before it
> logs in.  This is causing a problem, as on occasion it fails to
> connect at all - gives no error or anything, just does nothing,

You are using "security = server".  In my experience, actually joining
a domain is faster and more reliable.  ("security = domain" and follow
the docs about how to join.)

(Except when it's not, like when the trust account password gets out of
sync, which happened to me twice in 2.0.5a.  Not sure if that bug's
been fixed yet or not).

Peter