SAMBA digest 2551

Stephen L Arnold arnold at ensco.cncoffice.com
Fri Jun 9 16:14:54 GMT 2000

Joel Handler wrote:

> Date:   Thu, 8 Jun 2000 16:50:33 -0400
> Subject: Netscape error

> We are having a problem with Netscape that every so often we get lanman
> redirector errors.  We have Netscape 4.73 setup so that the users home
> folder is located on the samba server (H drive).  Do you know have any
> ideas.  The errors pop up randomly and have yet to be
> pinpointed to any
> specific event.

What client(s) are you using?  The win9x redirectors are known to be broken (and probably most of the others too).  I've found that win95 (up to and including OSR/2.5) works quite a bit better (almost tolerable) with the system updates.  At least two of them fix vredir problems, and many TCP stack problems too.  Go here to read and get the ones you need:

http://www.walbeehm.com/win95upd.html