File updates

ROBERTS,DAVID N. ROBERTDN at apci.com
Fri Jun 9 09:32:10 GMT 2000

1:   I have installed samba onto a number of VMS systems.  There have been a
number of cases where the VMS system has updated
      the file, but when the file is opened on a PC, the file contains the
old data?  Any reason for this

2:  When I write to the Samba drive there appears to be a limitation on the
file size,  over 500K I get a unable to write to the file, drive
     either full or write protected?

3:  We have stopped the system and restarted the machines, whilst NMBD is
shown as running we are unable to access the drive via
     the network.

Any ideas on the above.

Nigel Roberts.