Inquiry

AGANAN, Nicholas C. NCAGANAN at pldt.com.ph
Wed Jun 7 06:19:41 GMT 2000

Good day everyone...

I downloaded SAMBA from http://freeware4sun.com and install it to my Solaris
2.6 OS. I can't make it work. Do you have an step-step procedure on how to
install and configure this software? Where can I have it?

info and scenario:
*	I want to share /appl directory of Solaris 2.6 to win2000 and winNT
pc with read-write and read only on other users
*	the Unix hostname is OV (10.30.24.152, static) and the pc names are
pc_ncaganan (win2000, dhcp, currently 10.30.27.129),  pc_communal (winNT,
static, 10.30.26.115), etc...
*	our network subnet mask is 255.255.252.0
*	we logon to our NT Domain and we don't use DNS, NIS and NIS+
*	login names: ncaganan, communal, etc.....

Given the information above, what are the necessary parameters that needs to
be defined in smb.conf? My goal is to connect only to my OV server with
restricted permission to other users.

PLEASE HELP....