Time Synchronisation

John Ryan jryan at kgv.edu.hk
Tue Jun 6 00:08:15 GMT 2000

Just had another thought after I sent this.  From what you said, I am
assuming that the timestamp is 1 hour earlier than the real/windows time.
You also said the UNIX box is set to BST.  Is BST something like British
Standard Time?  If so, your UNIX box is the one that needs to be adjusted
for daylight savings.  My earlier comment of checking the output of net time
may show this.  Timezones on UNIX are always a bit confusing, look at the
manpages about TIMEZONE.

John Ryan