Windows can´t see Samba server in the Network Neigborhood

Andrea Zolnhofer & Michael Ott ZolnOtt at t-online.de
Mon Jun 5 18:55:30 GMT 2000

Hi Preston!

Do you have any Router in your Network. Is it correctly configurated. You must
have any Router, when you work with two Network-Adresses

Bye
Michael

Your message:
I have a private IP network with one win98 PC and one Linux PC.  The
windows machine can only access shares if I map a network drive and type
the path in explicitly.  When I go to network neighborhood the Linux PC
does not show up.  Both machines are in the same workgroup, so it should
be there.  When I type the path directly into the address bar in network
neighborhood the program stops responding and I have to Ctl-Alt-Del to
kill network neighborhood.  What could be causing this?  If anyone can
offer some advice, please help me out.

Thank you,

Preston Faiks