can we setup a proxy user in samba

George Reddy Gopu ggopu at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 2 14:44:55 GMT 2000

Hi Samba,

I want use samba for file sharing between, Solaris 2.6 and NT domanins. The
end user, NT application processes need to access the file system which on
Solaris. So I dont want create/add every user who wants to access to
filesystem by authenticating NT user name. I just want create a proxy user
on samba, who ever connects, I mean irrespective of any NT login name, they
should be able to login using this proxy user login of samba. That means, I
don't want enter any NT user name, but by using proxy user, they should be
able to access the file system.

George R Gopu
Oracle & Siebel Systems Architect
USinternetworking.inc.