SWAT Issue

James Kreuziger jkreuzig at massun.peds.mc.uci.edu
Thu Jun 1 03:29:33 GMT 2000

I'm unclear as to what you are trying to accomplish.
You could use the admin users = user1 option in your
smb.conf file to give user1 root access to any files.
If you have a trusted set of users, this could work
(although I wouldn't recommend it).

If you are talking about removing any login to SWAT,
you need to do two things:

1) Read "Using Samba"
2) Remove your samba server from the network.

Allowing any user access to edit your smb.conf file
could have SERIOUS consequences with regards to system
security.  If this is what you want, then you need
to post your systems IP address/name so we can all
have a test server to try out smb.conf changes! ;)

-Jim

Jim Kreuziger
Systems Manager
UCI Autism Research Project