ERROR

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Sat Jul 29 07:08:36 GMT 2000

Gary Neff wrote:

> while trying to log on to my smb server via domain I
> am getting this error "Your computer could not be joined
> to the domain because the following error has
> occurred: the credentials supplied conflict with an
> existing set of credentials.

Windows NT/2000 will not let you connect to the same
server name using two different usernames.  This has been
a long standing issues and has nothing to do with
Samba per say.

Do this to work around it...

	net use \\server\share1 /user:user1
	net use \\ip_addr\share2 /user:user2

where ip_addr is the IP address of server.

Cheers,
jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com  VA Linux Systems    gcarter at valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org       SAMBA Team           jerry at samba.org