logon to samba with win2K

Gary Neff gary at gneff.com
Thu Jul 27 02:34:47 GMT 2000

I have been working on loggin onto my linux server from my win2K box and get
this error in the log.smb file
passdb/smbpassfile.c:trust_password_lock(119) trust_password_lock: cannot
open file /etc/NEFF.LINUX.mac - Error was no such file or directory
passdb/smbpasssfile.c:trust_get_passwd(288) domain_client_validate: unable
to open the machine account password file for machine LINUX in domain Neff
I have the workgroup as NEFF and the domain as NEFF (on the linux box) can
anyone help , I have upgraded to version 2.07 but cannot get this to work
all replies are deeply appreciated.

Gary Neff
gary at gneff.com
http://www.gneff.com