still very slow

robert.gehr at web2cad.de robert.gehr at web2cad.de
Wed Jul 26 14:12:44 GMT 2000

Hello,

I still have the problem while openig MS Word and Excel files. When I do so
for the first time, Excel or Word comes up and once
the Applicaion has loaded it displays a grey screen whit the hour glass. It
take up to 15s or more to even open a small Word
document say 20K or so. Once the thing has been opened the Application is
closed and another document gets selected via the NT Explorer which is much
bigger say 5M it gets loaded real quick. If I close everything and wait for
longer time e.g. 30 min. the thing is slow again. I checked the logs and
all I could find is this:

gehr (10.10.11.26) connect to service Project-M as user gehr (uid=101,
gid=101) (pid 27671)
[2000/07/26 16:52:35, 0] smbd/nttrans.c:call_nt_transact_ioctl(2516)
  call_nt_transact_ioctl: Currently not implemented.

This only happens with Word or Excel files. Other Applications do not seem
to have this problem. When I move files to and fro the server it goes real
fast.

Any ideas ???

Thanks in advance

Robert