Using a username map option

noel at beta.cermak.cz noel at beta.cermak.cz
Wed Jul 26 14:56:20 GMT 2000

Using a username map option

Hi all Samba users,

I cannot use a %SUBJ corectly, I thing.
I have defined a Linux user user1.
I have define main CONF file for samba including INCLUDE options via
variable %U.
In %SUBJ I hve defined :

	user1 = user2

where user2 is user requested from win95 client.
For user1 is defined a BAT file vith mapping commans
And
when I tried to lonon as user2, I am not possible to use a BAT file
(not mapping a [homes] share) and wasnot include a include file
(/etc/samba/smb.conf.%U).
"Hard definition" in CONF file is OK (not depends on some variables),
password for user2 is used for user1,

I am thinking, that this option is for complete switch identity of
users (here from user2 to user1 in Linux).

Is that behavior corerct or is something wrong on "my side" ?

Thanks

--
L.V.
jezevec