Problems with SAMBA 2.0.6

Jean-Paul POZZI storm66 at club-internet.fr
Mon Jul 24 19:38:24 GMT 2000

hello,

I am trying to instal a SAMBA server in a big NT Domain and after some
problems I can now see the server through the Windows NT clients, but when
I try to access the shares I get some windowish messages "remote computer
inactive".

I try to use smbclient on the server :

Command :

smbclient -L samba_server -U user_existing_on_the_server

Result :

read_socket_with_timeout: timeout read. read error = Broken pipe.
session request to samba_server failed (code 0)
read_socket_with_timeout: timeout read. read error = Broken pipe.
session request to *SMBSERVER failed (code 0)

Does anyone have an idea about that problem ?

    Jean-Paul Pozzi