NLS for smbmount

Harald Wellmann Harald.Wellmann at itellium.com
Mon Jul 24 11:32:55 GMT 2000

I'm using Urban Widmark's smbfs/Linux kernel patch (2.2.14)
to display iso-8859-1 characters in file names on NT mounts.

The patch works fine for me; I'm only wondering if and when
it will be integrated into the Linux kernel. After all, NLS
is an essential feature and not just nice-to-have for all
non-anglophone users...

Yes, I know this is a bit off-topic on this list, but there was
no feedback when I posted the same question on the Linux kernel
mailing list a while ago.

If anyone is in touch with the kernel gurus, please let us know!

Regards,

Harald