SAMBA 2.0.7

Yu-Kang Tsao nathanatwork at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 21 19:30:00 GMT 2000

Dear Samba team:

I just download SAMBA 2.0.7 from

http://samba.gorski.net/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/redhat/

and I have already installed SAMBA 2.0.6 which come
with my red head linux 6.2 CD.  But the 2.0.7 SAMBA is
conflict with SAMBA 2.0.6.  and it will not allow me
to install the latest version of SAMBA.  It gives me
error messages while I am trying to install samba2.0.7

"Conflicts with file from package
samba-common-2.0.6-9"

And when I want to remvoe SAMBA 2.0.6, it gives me
another error message:
"The following dependency problem occurred
Samba-client-2.0.6-9 requires
Samba-common=2.06"

So I cannot install the latest samba and I can not
remove my older version of samba 2.0.6.  It won't let
me remove my older samba 2.0.6.

Could you help me to uninstall SAMBA 2.0.6 and upgrade
to the newer version of SAMBA 2.0.7 ?  Thank you very
much.

Sincerely

Nathan