Other Solutions

James Kreuziger jkreuzig at massun.peds.mc.uci.edu
Tue Jul 18 17:23:30 GMT 2000

Steven,

I don't know of any other solution besides Samba.  I'm
running my installation on Solaris 2.6, and the installation
was not that difficult.  I purchased the O'Reilly book
"Using Samba", and followed the installation instructions.
It took me all of 2 hours to get things up and running.
Most of that was waiting for that compiler to finish
After that, I spent the next day setting up my current
configuration.  Since then I have continued to tweak the
smb.conf file as I learn.

I do wonder.  Does your supervisor have other motives
for not wanting Samba?

-Jim

Jim Kreuziger
Systems Manager