Changing IP Address

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at canada.sun.com
Mon Jul 17 12:16:16 GMT 2000

Peter Samuelson wrote:
> > First off, check your "hosts allow", "hosts deny" and "interfaces"
> settings from smb.conf.  Try `nmblookup' on the Sun to see if it can
> find both the Sun and the peecee.  Then use `smbclient' on the Sun,
> try to connect to each machine.  That should localize the problem a
> little.

	If this doesn't suffice, start going through the
	whole procedure in
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/samba/chapter/book/ch09_02.html
	which also should exist in your 2.0.8 docs tree.

	It's a expanded version of diagnostics.txt

--dave
[ps: samba at samba.org is the "how to" list, samba-technical is
     developer descussions of internals]
Work: (905) 415-2849 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com