Unwanted multiple copies when printing with smbclient

Matt Roberts matt at lehi.tamu.edu
Fri Jul 14 16:21:13 GMT 2000

Hi,

I am trying to set up my Linux box to print to a shared printer on
a predominantly NT network.  For some reason, whenever I print
I get seven (7) copies of the document.  My smbclient session was:

% smbclient //uglab/CE029_HPLJ4 -U my-user-id
added interface ip=XXX.XXX.XXX.X bcast=XXX.XX.XXX.XXX
nmask=XXX.XXX.XXX.XX
Password:
Domain=[DOMAIN] OS=[Windows NT 4.0] Server=[NT LAN Manager 4.0]
smb: \> translate
CR/LF<->LF and print text translation now on
smb: \> print test.txt
putting file test.txt as test.txt (0.916772 kb/s) (average 0.916773
kb/s)
smb: \> quit

The file test.txt was a simple 8-line file, but it printed 7 times
(on seven different pages).  I appologize if this is a frequent
question, I searched the Samba site, AltaVista, Google, Deja and
could not find anything related to this.

Matt