Mapping Drives from Windows 98 client to Sun Sever

Hawks, Steven L sh151002 at exchange.DAYTONOH.NCR.com
Thu Jul 13 14:42:05 GMT 2000

We have a Sun box physically located at another site running Solaris 2.6

We perform administration remotely using telnet, CRT and others from Windows
95/98 workstations.
We are want to use Samba to allow mapping to certain directories on the Sun
Server.

The documentation I have seem to only reference installation of Samba on the
Sun Server.

Our workstations do not have the Solaris Operating system loaded.
Do I need to install Samba on the Windows 95/98 workstations? If so, where
do I find documentation.

Is it possible to map drives from a Windows 95/98 client to a Sun Server?

Thanks,

Steven Hawks
NCR Corporation
IT Services - GAD Sales and Business Infrastructure
* 1529 Brown St., EMD/4, Dayton, Oh 45479
* * (937) 445-3946, fax 445-0375, voiceplus 622-3946
*  SH151002 at ncr.com