Novell

Bruce, Phillip pbruce at kpmg.com
Wed Jul 12 23:39:19 GMT 2000

Daniel,

   Thanks for the tip. My problem seems to be more than just that. My laptop
is connected to a subnet that
   is different that what the subnet on the samba server. Any ideas. I can
ping to the server from the laptop
   just fine. I decided to put the standard smb.conf file in the
configuration that came with the distribution.
   I still unable to get the server to come up in the laptop network
neighborhood window.

   Also I can ping my laptop from the server so it is not a routing issue. I
also made sure that the workgroup
   is set correctly to what I'm on.

   Anybody with a hint. In case your all wondering what the configuration
are:

   Samba Server: Sun Ultra 2: Solaris 2.8
   Network: 100 Base T VLAN Network.
   The network domains are running on Novell Servers which version 4.11
   Laptop has TCP/IP software and loaded and connect to the internet just
fine.

Phillip B. Bruce, Manager
kpmg Consulting
Network Engineering & Integration