Administering SWAT using userid's other than root...

Will Kim wkim at rim.net
Tue Jul 11 21:35:35 GMT 2000

Hmm... Well, I just finished trying the following with no luck either...

wkim at hume [~]> id wkim
uid=95(wkim) gid=90(swat) groups=90(swat)
wkim at hume [~]> groups
swat

i.e. I removed myself from all groups but 'swat', and set that as my GID.
Yet it still doesn't work... sigh...

I even tried adding my entry in the local /etc/passwd file to override NIS,
but it didn't seem to make a difference.... I'm going to lose all my hair
over this... :)

Do you have any other suggestions?

Cheers,
Will