Administering SWAT using userid's other than root...

Will Kim wkim at rim.net
Tue Jul 11 16:10:54 GMT 2000

Hi all...

Has anyone got SWAT administration working from other userid's other than
root?

I've got a rh6.2 box running Samba 2.0.7. I have myself (wkim) in the
"domain admin users" and the "admin users". Both the smb.conf file and the
swat binarary are owned by root:swat. I'm a part of group "swat". (I'm also
a part of group "root" just to test, but it didn't make a difference). the
conf file has permissions 664 and the swat binary has permissions 775.

Any ideas why it won't let me do anything besides view the configuration?

Cheers,
Will