Samba in Windows 2000

Shawn Gray shawn at graycastle.com
Mon Jul 10 22:42:15 GMT 2000

Hi There,

I have samba up and running properly with windows 95, but am having some problems now that I've installed windows 2000. I finally got so that I can see the Linux machine in Explorer, but now when I click on it, I'm prompted for a username/password. I enter valid userinfo for my account on the Linux box, but it is refused (the popup prompt simply reappears). Does anyone know what I can do about this?

My smb.conf file includes these settings:

        encrypt passwords = yes
        wins support = yes
        os level = 34
        domain master = yes