WINS Syncronization Problems

Nate Carlson natecars at real-time.com
Mon Jul 10 16:56:31 GMT 2000

Hi,

I'm not quite sure if this is a Windows (client) issue, or if this is a
Samba issue. I have two networks connected via a IPsec VPN, with Samba
file servers at each end. Here is the basic configuration:

Minneapolis (~100 client PC's)
Samba Server: 	192.168.100.2
WINS Config:	wins support = yes
Machine name:	mpls

New Yord (~5 client PC's)
Samba Server:	192.168.101.50
WINS Config:	wins server = 192.168.100.2
Machine name:	ny

The domain on both ends is set to Workgroup. From the Windows machines on
either end, I cannot see the machines on the other end in network
neighborhood, but I can successfully access the machines by going
Start/Run/<machine name>. Any ideas of what I can try to get network
neighborhood to display? Thanks!