AIX questions

Neil Hoggarth neil.hoggarth at physiol.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jul 10 09:20:31 GMT 2000

On Fri, 7 Jul 2000, Graham Cameron wrote:

> 1. The O'Reilly book refers to smbsh but it's not on the AIX distribution.
>    Is smbsh in the same category as smbmount, which the documentation
>    suggests is linux only and in any case unsupported? If so, more's the
>    pity.

smbsh definitely not Linux only; I use it on Solaris. I don't know if
it works on AIX or not. However it isn't enabled by default. You must
to specify an argument ("--with-smbwrapper") when running the
"./configure" script before you build it.

Regards,
--
Neil Hoggarth                                 Departmental Computer Officer
<neil.hoggarth at physiol.ox.ac.uk>                   Laboratory of Physiology