Changing SWAT user?

Herb Lewis herb at chomps.engr.sgi.com
Fri Jul 7 19:06:41 GMT 2000

Carlton Whitmore wrote:

> I just loaded Mandrake 7.1 and Samba with Webmin. I can get into Webmin
> and make changes to the Samba server, but I'm not able to get smbd or
> nmbd running. When I try to get into SWAT to make changes it keeps
> reverting back to my login which does not allow me to make changes. Is
> there a way to reset this?
> Also, any ideas on why smdb and smdb is not running?
> (go easy on me. I'm new to Linux)
> thanks,
> Carlton Whitmore

You have to kill the browser and then restart it to cause it to
authenticate again

Herb Lewis                                   Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                          2011 N Shoreline Blvd
Strategic Software Organization              Mountain View, CA  94043
herb at sgi.com                                 Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                           Fax: 650-932-2177