joining a NT domain

Roger Paul naturerunner at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 6 21:15:49 GMT 2000

I have 2.0.7 Samba for Solaris and
I tried to join an NT domain but got the following:

/opt/samba/bin> smbpasswd -j niaaa01
cli_net_auth2: Error NT_STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT
cli_nt_setup_creds: auth2 challenge failed
modify_trust_password: unable to setup the PDC
credentials to machine NIAAAWMAIL. Error was :
NT_STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT.
cli_net_auth2: Error NT_STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT
cli_nt_setup_creds: auth2 challenge failed
modify_trust_password: unable to setup the PDC
credentials to machine NIAAAWSTANDBY. Error was :
NT_STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT.
cli_nt_session_open: cli_nt_create failed on pipe
\NETLOGON to machine NIAAAWSNAP.  Error was ERRDOS -
ERRbadpipe (Pipe invalid.)
modify_trust_password: unable to open the domain
client session to machine NIAAAWSNAP. Error was :
ERRDOS - ERRbadpipe (Pipe invalid.).