smbpasswd problem

Suresh Kumar.R sudhas at md3.vsnl.net.in
Thu Jul 6 10:17:21 GMT 2000

Hi,

I am unable to change the userpasswd by using smbpasswd command after
loggin in as a user. I typed the following

smbpasswd

It asked for old and new passwords and at the end it gave the following
error message:

machine 127.0.0.1 rejected the session setup. Error was: ERRSRV -
ERRbadpw(Bad passwd - name/password pair in a Tree connect or session
setup are invalid

Failed to change

I am able to login as root and change the passwd for a user. But the user
himself cant do it .

Any ideas ?

There's no hosts allow/deny lines in my smb.conf

Suresh
Suresh Kumar.R				Email: suresh at mycampus.com
Dept of Electronics & Communication
College of Engineering, Trivandrum - 695 016
INDIA