samba 2.0.7: option mangled names = no will chrash nt client !

Andrew Langton andrewl at babcockbrown.com
Wed Jul 5 20:36:46 GMT 2000

We used to use a product called TAS on our Solaris box - it was basically
Samba and Netatalk combined in one package.  Beast of a thing - steer clear
if you can is my recommendation.  Anyway, we got rid of all the Macs, so we
replaced it with Samba.  The files would list on UNIX as :2f instead of /,
but on a Mac they'd come through as a /.  There were plenty of other
characters the PC didn't like too - : \, etc.