veto dot files?

Chris Watt cnww at chebucto.ns.ca
Wed Jul 5 08:34:47 GMT 2000

At 04:35 05/07/00 +1000, you wrote:

>The naive approach of using
>
>  /.*/
>
>fails in so far as no file at all appears on the NT side :-) Hiding isn't

Possibly this is a bug in 2.0.6, or I'm missing something else about your
configuration. I just defined the following share in Samba 2.0.7 on RH6.2
(with 2.2.16 kernel):

[myhome]
  comment = Personal home directory for %U
  path = %H
  public = no
  writable = yes
  create mask = 640
  directory mask = 750
  veto files = /.*/*.tmp/

And the veto files option appeared to do exactly what you want, all the dot
files and all files ending in .tmp appeared to be absent, everything else
was normal. Try setting up the same share on your box and see what happens,
if it doesn't work then I suggest getting the Samba 2.0.7 RPM from one of
the mirror sites. n.b. I was accessing this from Win95, does anyone know if
it's possible that the effect of veto files could be in any way client
dependant?
--

Who is this General Failure, and why is he reading my hard disk?