REQUEST: Veritas Backup Exec 8.0

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Tue Jul 4 01:42:35 GMT 2000

On Mon, Jul 03, 2000 at 02:48:59PM -0700, Richard Fox wrote:

> Running the SAMBA that is released with RedHat 6.2, Veritas Backup Exec
> 8.0 does not work. However, when running the latest dev version of SAMBA
> Backup Exec does work. What files were changed to fix this bug? I would
> like to update what I am running without having to go to the dev version.
>
> I have searched the website and can not find any mention of when or what
> was done to fix this bug.

This was probably part of the upgrades that were done to
fix the locking/share mode problems in the 2.0.7 -> 2.2.x
update.

It isn't easy to say for certain exactly what the fix was
as there have been literally *hundreds* of correctness fixes,
from wildcard matching to the above mentioned locking
rewrite.

I'm afraid you'll have to wait until 2.2.0 ships, which
I cannot say for certain yet (we're still working on the
NT printing update).

Regards,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.