Which version of Samba required...

Bob Hillegas bhille at gammabio.com
Sat Jan 29 17:56:54 GMT 2000

I am thinking of setting up Samba as a PDC in order to simplify
administration. I have Win95's, Win98's, and a few WinNT workstations.
In reading comments in "Using Samba" from O'Reilly, they say
	"You will need to use at least Samba 2.1 to ensure that PDC functionality
for
	  Windows NT clients is present. Prior to Samba 2.1, only limited user
authentication
	  for NT clients was present"
Do you concur? If so, how long before these features are in the stable
release.
If you disagree, what version should I be using?
Currently I have 2.06.
Thanks
Bob Hillegas                    | voice: 713.681.8481 x3065
IS Staff                         |    cell: 281.546.9311
Gamma Biologicals, Inc.   | e-mail: bhille at gammabio.com