I can not see the samba server in windows explorer

Francisco Javier Gutierrez Duarte fjavier.gutierrez at sema.es
Thu Jan 27 16:05:17 GMT 2000

Hello, I have configured and working samba in a unix machine, but I can
not see the server in the windows explorer. I configured the smb.conf in

this way:

   workgroup = SGREC
   server string = Samba Server
   hosts allow = 172.18. 127.
   log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
[TMP]
   path = /tmp
   guest ok = no
   read only = no
   public = yes
   browseable = yes
[JAVIER]
   path  = /home/javier
   public = yes
   writable = yes
   printable = no
[UTIL]
   path = /util
   guest ok = no
   read only = no
   public = yes

But I can not see the server name "venus" in the domain SGREC.
Would you please help me to configure the smb.conf to see my server name

in the domain?

Thank you in advance
Javier Gutierrez

Este mensaje es confidencial y atañe exclusivamente a las personas a las que va dirigido.
Cualquier opinion en el contenida, es exclusiva de su autor y no representa
necesariamente la opinion de Sema Group.
Si usted no es el destinatario de este mensaje, considerese advertido que lo ha recibido
por error y que cualquier uso, difusion o copia estan terminantemente prohibidos.
Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, por favor comuniquelo a Sema Group sae al
numero +34 91 4408800.

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of Sema Group.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error
and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please notify it to Sema Group sae by telephone on number
+34 91 4408800.