win95 user level security printing

MATTSON, Winston AJ winston at igs.vic.edu.au
Thu Jan 27 07:29:38 GMT 2000

Hello All,

I have a SCO unix server running smbclient 2.0.3 and I have set it up so
that it has print queues and can print to win95 and win nt 4 machines
successfully.

The win95 machines I can print to with share level security and the win nt
machines i can print to using doman usernames and password without
anyproblems.  However I am trying to print to a win95 machine with user
level security.  I have selected an account and givin it full control and
run the smbclient however I just get a message in my unix mail account with
a print error number 1.

If i use the exact command with the same username and password on an nt
machine it works with no problems.  The line I am using is:

cat filename.txt | /usr/local/samba/bin/smbclient "\\\\$server\\$service" -U
"Scoprintacc"%pass1 -N -P  > /dev/null

I would be greatful if you could suggest any idea's here or to my email
address - winston at igs.vic.edu.au

Regards

Winston

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are privileged and
confidential, and are intended only for the use of the intended recipient.
If you are not the intended recipient, or responsible for delivering this
e-mail to the intended recipient, any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing or copying of this e-mail and any attachments is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it
immediately from your system and notify us by e-mail at
errors at igs.vic.edu.au

Any views expressed in this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states
them to be the views of Ivanhoe Grammar School. Ivanhoe Grammar School does
not represent or warrant that the attached files are free from computer
viruses or other defects. The user assumes all responsibility for any loss
or damage resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached
files.