browse problems

Saheed Akhtar S.Akhtar at talis.com
Tue Jan 25 12:33:57 GMT 2000

I am using windows explorer to try and see my samba server in the browse
list. I have setup a workgroup in smb.conf file but i can only see this
sometimes.

Any ideas

>From file manager try to browse the server. Your samba server should
appear in the browse list of your local workgroup (or the one you
specified in smb.conf). You should be able to double click on the name
of the server and get a list of shares. If you get a "invalid
password" error when you do then you are probably running WinNT and it
is refusing to browse a server that has no encrypted password
capability and is in user level security mode. In this case either