\\<Samba-Server>\nobody : feature or bug ?

Herb Lewis herb at chomps.engr.sgi.com
Fri Jan 21 16:51:59 GMT 2000

Christian Barth wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I just noticed a behavior of samba I am wundering about:
>
> Is there a way to configure samba not to give access to the home dirs
> of my system accounts?
> I think it is not a good idea to change them all to /dev/null !
>
> Please replay direct to me as I'm not on the list,
>
> Thanks
>
> Christian

add the following line to your homes definition

valid users = %S

this will make it so that only the specified user may attach to his
own home share. Since the system accounts have no password even if
you try from NT and say connect as that user name you will not be able
to connect to the system accounts.

Herb Lewis                                   Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                          2011 N Shoreline Blvd
Strategic Software Organization              Mountain View, CA  94043
herb at sgi.com                                 Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                           Fax: 650-932-2177