ms word and samba 2.0.6 problems

Johannes Weberhofer Johannes.Weberhofer at ibm.net
Fri Jan 21 09:39:09 GMT 2000

Hi!

I've had an similar problem a year ago (I've sometimes got "file or
disk error" messages, and the files were destroyed). That problem
disappeared by increasing the "shared mem size" in the global section
of smb.conf. I've set it to 2097152, and now it works fine.

	Johannes

-----

On Fri, 21 Jan 2000 16:42:41 +1100, samba at samba.org wrote:

>and we're experiencing all sorts of problems with word being unable to
>read or write documents.  it seems the error messages from word are
>different, and incorrect, each time (file is read-only, disk is write
>protected, file is already open by another user, etc).
>
>however, we only see these problems when running ms word 97 on nt
>workstation 4.0 clients.  windows 98 clients seem to work fine.
>
>does this sound like a samba problem, or does my ms word installation
>likely need some updating or patching?

Johannes Weberhofer >>> IT-Technologies
Austria

email: Johannes.Weberhofer at ibm.net