samba on HP-UX

Jeroen jersch at nerdnet.nl
Fri Jan 21 09:27:00 GMT 2000

Hello,

I'm running samba on an HP-UX to connect a HP network with a NT-Domain. The
samba server authenticates the users at the Windows PDC. When I'm connecting
with a NT-Workstation everything works fine. I can browse the shares, copy
and delete files, all fine.
When I connect with a Windows 9x client I can see the shares and everything.
When I open a share all goes well too. But now the problems start. I can
write a file in the shares but cannont delete them anymore. When I try to
open a folder I get the message "The sharename does not exist". Is this a
known problem?

I'm running HP-UX 10.20 and samba version 2.0.6. The NT workstations and the
PDC are running on SP5.

Thanks,

Jeroen