Ldap support...

Ricardo Stella stella at rider.edu
Thu Jan 20 20:41:03 GMT 2000

I would like to use samba with Ldap but only for authentication.  That
is, group info, etc is still on the unix file system.

If I compile it --with-ldap would this support encryption between Win9x
clients and the samba server ?

Currently, I have it working with pam support and then pam->ldap module,
but the problem I'm having with that is syncronization between smbpasswd
(to use encryption) and ldap.  I don't know how I could first
synchronize the smbpasswd file, and then how to allow users to change
both ldap and smbpasswd  at the same time.

Thanks in advance...  any pointers appreciated...