Mapping users folder on Win98

Gavin Walsh g.walsh at physio.unimelb.EDU.AU
Tue Jan 18 23:44:15 GMT 2000

Hi all

I was wondering if it is at all possible to have a users folder
mapped when a user logs onto the server. I have a student lab here
with 30 machine and have 400 users, they are connecting to a Linux
server. We have given each user a space of 3Mb on the server so they
can store their work on. I can creat a shortcut to the server so they
can access it by double clicking on the shortcut. The problem with
this is that if the user is using an application they cant see the
shortcut and thus cant save to the folder. If the users folder is
mapped than all works well (I have tested this by mapping a users
folder and logging in again as the same user. We have lab security
software on the machines as we dont want them to save onto the
computer at all. I have mapped the group folder so we can distribute
work to the users that way but am stuck with how I can get each users
folder to be mapped when they log on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Gavin

Gavin Walsh
School of Physiotherapy
The University of Melbourne
Victoria, Australia 3010
Email:	g.walsh at physio.unimelb.edu.au
Telephone: +61 3 9344-4171                Fax: +61 3 9344-4188