Samba Processes taking 95% of CPU

Tom Hallewell hallewellt at rfa.org
Mon Jan 17 17:57:42 GMT 2000

> I am a new Linux/Unix user - had Linux installed by a consultant.
> Everything ran nicely for two weeks or so then Samba started acting
> strangely.

What version of Samba are you running?  We use RH 6.0, and were having
problems  with pre 2.0.5a versions taking over the CPU, but haven't had
any trouble since we upgraded.  There is an rpm for 2.0.5a at the Redhat
site that might help.
ftp://updates.redhat.com/6.0/i386/ (assuming you are running on intel).
I haven't seen an rpm for 2.0.6 yet.

--
When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always
one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to