SWAT

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Mon Jan 17 16:53:24 GMT 2000

Ian,

You can use SWAT to configure Samba only to the extent of your permissions
to smb.conf. If you cannot read or write smb.conf you cannot modify it with
SWAT either (there's a slight exception if smb.conf is group root). Note
also that in 2.0.6 you cannot *see* the configuration if you do not have
*write* permission for smb.conf. If you like the earlier behavior of
letting you look but not touch if you have read but not write permission to
smb.conf, I posted a source reversion, on this list, to do that several
weeks ago.

Steve Litt