Newbie help: Samba 2.0.3 & SCO 5.0.5

Jason + Naomi Wood jaynay at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 17 16:50:25 GMT 2000

Hi,

I've just installed a binary version of Samba 2.0.3 on SCO 5.0.5 and am
having some problems. I'm basically following "SAMS Teach yourself Samba
in 24 hrs" book.

On a Win98 machine I can see the SCO machine in the Network
Neighborhood. When I try to connect it asks for a passwd and says that
the passwd is incorrect when I enter it. It also displays
"Resource:\\Sco_sv\IPC$" on the box that asks for a passwd.

On the SCO side:
When I do a "testparm -s smb.conf | head -6" all looks OK except I get
"No path in service system - using /tmp"
Also when I try to run :"smbclient -L sco_sv -N" I get:
Added interface .....
Got a positive name query response from ....
session setup failed: ERRSRV - ERRbadpw (Bad password - name/password
pair in a Tree Connect or Session Setup are invalid.)

What shall I look at?  I have added entries in /etc/profile for the
win98 user. I can telnet to the SCO box and login as the win98 user.

All help appriciated,

Jason ;)